Saturday, September 5, 2009

Update from Rm 101

They say humor is great medicine, so thanks for the jokes.

I'm sitting here in room 101 at DHMC; floating between reading, watching football, and dozing off. If I were at home enjoying these activities, it might be the perfect Saturday (but I'm sure Marleigh would tell me to get up and do something).

I have three IV lines hooked up to me, pumping all kinds of medicine into me; several Chemo medications, several anti-nauseua medications, etc. They've warned me that I'll be very sick, but mostly now I'm tired and pretty hazy. Hard to focus on too much. Maybe that's par for the course for me anyway. But I feel good.

I appreciate all the words of encouragement and support, that's the best medicine of all. I'll update this as often as I can.

Blaine

2 comments:

  1. Howdy Good Buddy -- Glad to see you are feeling well enough to be online today! I've been racking my brain to come up with some good dog jokes. I had some good cat jokes but my mom wouldn't let me post them. Hope these put a smile on your face as that's what Therapy Dogs are supposed to do! Hang in there -- we're all praying for ya! Now for the jokes....

    Q. Why don't blind people like to sky dive?
    A: Because it scares the dog!

    Q: Why did the poor dog chase his own tail?
    A: He was trying to make both ends meet!

    Q: What dog keeps the best time?
    A: A watch dog!

    Q: Why don't dogs make good dancers?
    A: Because they have two left feet!

    Q: What happens when it rains cats and dogs?
    A: You can step in a poodle!

    Q: Why are dogs like phones?
    A: Because they have collar IDs.

    Q: What dog loves to take bubble baths?
    A: A shampoodle!

    Q: What did the dog say when he sat on sandpaper?
    A: Ruff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Blaine,
    Glad your feeling okay still, albeit tired and hazy.
    I'm at Gaylin's house this week-end and we all wanted to share with you that we all fasted today for you and have been praying for your prompt remission and full recovery.
    We have a full crew supporting you here of Gaylin, Jim, Brian (BJ), Amy, Aunt Scott, Ralph, and myself.
    Blessings to you and keep smiling.
    Hugs and love.
    Liz and fam

    ReplyDelete