Saturday, September 12, 2009

Getting Ready to Go

Dani is in Paris! And so far sounds great. She says she is hungry to learn more. I say go get 'em! Blaine is in good hands at Huntsman, they are moving him immediately to Bone Marrow Transplant (stem-cell variety). They will be collecting stem-cells starting Monday, and he will begin transplant at the end of September. Whoa! When this one's over, they will turn right around and do it again. Back to back transplants. Sounds rough, but everyone feels very positive about this treatment plan. Everyone, including his Dartmouth docs! We still love 'em. He sounds much better, and I'm not sure how much is the treatment plan, and how much is being back in the Rockies, with his family. I know he misses us, but he is also glad to be home.

We have had quite a day! We had an army here helping us pack and move furniture to storage today, and the house is almost empty. Our toothbrushes are even in a box! Thank you everyone. So much.

Heber City Utah is on the Eastern side of the Wasatch Range in a high mountain valley. It gets hot in the summer, and plenty cold in the winter. We are close to lots of great hunting,fishing, and family, who have wrapped their collective arms around Blaine as he came home.

Our plan is to drive out Wednesday. We will be taking two vehicles and an extra driver. Thanks Brad! We'll stop for the night this time. I hated Monster, anyway. When we arrive, we have a place to stay, and will enroll the kids in school in Heber immediately. Josh is changing schools his senior year, and being every inch a man about it. I am very proud of him. Alexis is leaving behind an amazing circle of friends in school and church, (they are having a party for her as we speak), and it is hard to do. But she loves her Dad best. Kyle is both excited and sad, as he's always loved our visits west, but he's realized that also means leaving here, which is really all he's ever known. But alas, he also loves Dad best. We all do. And we are soooooooooooo happy for the hope this new treatment plan has brought us. He is in the Lords hands, and He has made things happen very quickly.
As much as we are leaving behind good things, and there are many, we are also headed towards good things. The saying goes, you need to bloom where you are planted. Or transplanted. Our whole family has experienced that, and is in the process of uprooting again. But we will be rooted in good soil when we get there.

Now if we can just sell the house! It's been a wonderful home for us, and will be for someone else. Lots of sports for kids, right near the high school, good community, cozy feel.... anyone know a family looking for 5 bedrooms and a huge back yard? This is the place!

On Tuesday from 6:00 - 8:00, we will be at our very empty house, hoping to say goodbye to anyone who would like to stop. We would love to see you.

We have LOVED living here. It has been so very good for our family. We have all grown while here, and enjoyed the place, but mostly, the people. We will miss it. Hope to see some of you Tuesday from 6-8.

Thanks for being so good to our family. And God Bless.

Love,
Marleigh

6 comments:

  1. Safe travels...we will miss you. This blog will keep us connected, so be sure to update often. We will keep a prayer always in our heart for Blaine and for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you poor thing. What a whirlwind! By the time you get to Heber, you are going to collapse! We are headed to the airport hotel on Tues eve for our very early morning Wed flight to SLC, so I doubt we'll be by on Tues night. But, maybe we'll see you at the hospital in Salt Lake. You never know. We are staying at the hotel on the U of U campus on Fri and Sat eve.

    Hugs!
    Alanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will miss you all...the Savages have been an inspiration to our family. You guys are so amazing. Marleigh, Thank you so much for being a part of Molly's baptism. It was such and honor to have you there and to see you there after the news you had recieved the night before.. You have always welcomed our family with open arms at church and were one of the first women to actually talk to me and break the ice when I first came to relief society...I will miss your beautiful voice and your smiles but this is what the lord wants you to do and this is what needs to be done at this time.. We will continue our prayers for your family and for Blaine as we do every evening. We wish you a very safe transition to your new "home" and very safe travels..keep updating this blog and keep your facebook updated as well so we can keep in touch

    We love you !
    The Tremblays

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marleigh, my thoughts and prayers are with Blaine and you and your family. I can't believe all this - I just found out! I am so sorry - what a huge challenge! I hope the trips all went smooth for your family. I'm so grateful for the positive thoughts you all have! I'm not surprised, you and Blaine are such spiritual giants. I love you guys. I miss you. I wish I could be there to help you out. We will be in SLC from 9/17-9/20, we'll get to drive up to ID to see Kendra for a few hours. If you need anything while we are out west, you just call me! I'll have my cell phone 207-272-8416. You have such a strong family. I'm so grateful that you have such a wonderful support system in UT also. Your kids are amazing - just taking on this move. I have such fond memories of Girls camp and youth dances together! Thanks for being my friend. Please keep this updated - how amazing! Take care my friend. love, Theresa and crew p.s. I'm crying happy tears hearing the song "The Middle" such a special song...love it! Everything will be alright!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Theresa! Wow! How good to hear from you. Will update once we get there and get the computer unpacked... I think this trip our ships will not meet, but another time would be great. Hope all is well with you, I know you have faced your own challenges. Gotta go! Marleigh :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marleigh - what a tremendous job you have done Mom to set everything in motion - you are quite the lady! I am so very happy to read about Blaine's Bone Marrow Transplants! God is amazing isn't He!!!! What a change in course your family took! I will not be able to stop by and say "bye" tomorrow night as I will be at Isaac's soccer game in Claremont at that time but want you to know that you have been such a wonderful lady to have in our midst - your faith has been a blessing to all of us - know that we are praying fervently everyday for Blaine, you and your children! I know you will keep us informed as to Blaine's treatments, progress, etc. You will be greatly missed! Love and prayers - Juanita

    ReplyDelete