Monday, September 7, 2009

From room 101


Blaine is going home later tonight, after he finishes his second unit of blood. He is finishing up the first unit as we speak. He has again, done incredibly well with chemo. He has had some nausea, but no vomitting, and has been able to eat enough. He gained 20 lbs of water, which is now coming off. As far as in-hospital side effects, he has virtually sailed through. What a suprise, eh? He has even been out walking a bit. He will come home, and they will draw blood twice a week to watch his blood counts untill he comes back to do it all again in about three weeks. In the meantime, we'll drive him crazy, watching him like a hawk.

Yesterday, our kind friends, the Martins, brought dinner to the kids. They packed it up and drove here to the hospital. We ended our fast together, with a prayer, then ate. I felt SO good. I know the kids did as well, because they all made it, even Kyle! We are so VERY appreciative of all those who fasted and prayed with us in whatever capacity they were able. Perhaps that is why he is doing so well.

Saturday was a very emotional day for me. We ran around like crazy putting all the finishing touches together for what was, in my mind, a very special goodbye to a loved family member. What a wonderful spirit was felt during the service and during the wonderful meal provided so kindly and well by our wonderful Relief Society. Thank you so much, sisters! And everyone else who pitched in to help our family with the service that day. :) It was a blessing to be surrounded by family, some whom I had not seen, and neither had anyone else! for years. I think everyone had a chance to express their love for Rainee, Brian and family, and it seemed healing. I hope anyone who didn't and needs to will be able to talk to someone close to them. Everyone's concern was evident for Brian, Erin, Patrick and Sam, but also for Blaine and us Savages. I deeply felt and appreciate it, very, very much.

After we dispersed from the chapel, and I was driving to the hospital, I realized that Brian needed our fasting as much as Blaine, and perhaps more so, since he was the only remaining parent. So, I fasted for both Blaine and Brian. I know miracles can happen, and I see one in Brian's imroved condition, at a time when it was CRITICAL for him to be functional, upon the death of his wife, and his children's mother. They needed him to be better, and he is. Though not out of the woods by any means, he is improved. Our Loving God knew what was coming, and in His tender mercy, helped Brian. Miracles can and do come, some through medical, explainable channels, others through unexplainable ones. Either way, I am grateful.

More than anything, I have needed to express my feelings of appreciation for the service on Saturday and the love expressed for Rainee. I was so glad to see all of my siblings, Mom and both Aunt Scott and Aunt Rusty, Uncle Terry and Kathy, and members of Rainees family. I think they felt the love there for her and that it was a fitting goodbye. I hope Brian, Erin, Patrick, Sam and Rainee's family feel that way also. I felt good leaving, and it seems that others did as well.

I also needed to express my deep, deep gratitude for the fasts and prayers. They came from many of different faiths, and from those who I don't know to be particularly religious necessaruly, but who did this wonderful thing in our behalf. I know they will be blessed for it, and we already are. Thank you so very, very much. We will continue to remember Brian and his family in our daily prayers, and know you will as well. And whoever else is in need.

So, to finish up this long, perhaps repetitive submission, I wish to just say one last thing.

Rainee, I love you. Until I see you again, God be with you, God be with you. We love you.

Marleigh

4 comments:

  1. Hope the next 3 weeks are good. Hopefully this will work. Keep up the fight. Call if you need anything.
    Vic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blaine and Marleigh,

    Tara forwarded your blog link and has kept me up to date. I just wanted you both to know that I and my family fasted for you this weekend. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as you struggle through this time in your life.
    Please let me know if there is anything that we can do for you from out here in Arizona.
    With much love,
    Holly and family
    hollysue@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Marleigh for being such a rock for all. You were absolutely amazing in how you coordinated and pulled together the beautiful and healing memorial on Saturday. Also, I hope you know that your faith and your strength is inspiring for all who were there to share in your love and beliefs. I hope that we can provide you some relief and comfort to help you through your trials and tribulations - even if simply to cook a meal or listen when you need a loving shoulder to lean on. We all love you dearly and are blessed to be part of your close circle of friends and family. Our fasting prayers were for Blaine and your family as well as Brian and his family and Raine's family in their needs and mourning. God received an abundance of loving prayers and I am grateful Blaine is continuing to remain physically strong with all he endures. Blessings and love to all of you.
    Hugs,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yah! Mr Clean is comming home. LOL.!The power of prayer & positive thinking always works.Keep up the good fight Blaine.If you are able to have visitors, Gaylin & I would enjoy stopping by maybe this weekend if Gaylin is not on call.Give us a call.Love Jim

    ReplyDelete