Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Remember Me?

Remember me? It's been a while since I've written on the blog, I blame the chemo and the transplant. As far as excuses go... these are pretty good one's, I suppose. It has been 20 or so days since my transplant, and it has been a bit of a roller coaster; some really bad days where it seemed impossible to function in any capacity and some pretty good days (like today) where I feel somewhat normal. I still have issues with neuropathy, my legs are still numb and it can be difficult to move around. But it is slowly improving. My neuro-surgeon in NH said it could take up to 18 months, so I need to show patience. It made Marleigh's day when Dr. Tricot told us that my job until the next transplant was to exercise, she's been tying to get me to exercise more for years. Curse Dr. Tricot :)

I am enjoying Utah, it is good to be home. Last week we took a drive down to Wayne county to see my Mom's headstone. After the cemetery we drove up to the east end of the Boulder mountain. I can't tell you much I enjoy being down there.
I still miss all the good people in NH & VT, thank goodness for blogs, email and cell phones so we can stay in touch.

So for now, things are good. Obviously, I have mixed feelings about the upcoming transplant; not looking forward to the killer chemo that'll wipe me out and the period of time until I engraft, but am looking forward to putting my cancer into remission. I've said it before and I'll say it again... I feel like we are in exactly the right place at the right time. We have a lot of confidence in the folks here at the Huntsman Cancer Hospital. Dr. Trico is the best at what he does and we feel like the treatment I am receiving is just what I need.

Take care and we'll keep everyone posted.

Blaine

6 comments:

  1. Be strong my friend. Find the right drugs, maybe some steroid from A_Rod will help. You have 10 days to show everyone how strong willed you are! Enjoy every day. Back to back transplants-wow. They must know how strong you really are!!

    Vic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Good Buddy -- It's good to seeing you blogging again, sort of like the tail is wagging again, eh? Like they say, ya can't keep a good dog down! Enjoy these next couple of weeks -- eat hearty (something I love to do!), take walks (something else I love to do), and take in the sights of those Wasatch Mountains for my mom. She loves them even tho she's a New Englander. Keep the travel blogs coming. Your virtual therapy dog, Rocky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to hear that you are winning a few battles if not the war (yet).keep it up and i will see you on recovery row! love and regards mean uncle brian
    ps i am also winning the occasional battle myself

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Blaine! Good to hear from you. Now, no cursing Dr. Tricot. He is the good man God chose to save your life. We are thankful for him. God bless Dr. Tricot. And God bless you too!
    We all love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Blaine! It's good to see that you are up and moveing ,exercise is a good thing.I knew there was a different rought for you to take so that you would get better.I for one am glad that you found it.Keep up the good fight. Love Jim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take a deep breath while you can and look to the far mountains. Touch a mountain top. Feel the sunshine. Reach out to a cloud. Breathe.

    Know you all are loved.

    Scott

    ReplyDelete