Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Surviving Mondays

Monday and Thursday are my infusion days. The first Monday of the cycle (which was yesterday) is the 'Big' day. I get loaded up on all sorts of 'stuff'; 2 or 3 anti-nausea medications, red blood boosters, steroids, velcade, cytoxin (this is the bugger that took my hair), bone strengthening medications, lots of fluids. I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

The good news is... I feel great. I took Kyle down to the boat harbor last night so he could fish a little and today I feel strong. I'm headed into Keene for another shot to help with the white blood count, so that hopefully I don't get nutripenic again. But so far so good.

I'm throwing on some pictures that were taken on Sunday.





Marleigh and the Bald Guy



Me and Paul Liberty

Blaine


9 comments:

  1. You look terrific! I especially love the picture of you and Marleigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blain,

    I think you look terrific, actually you kinda look like one of the handsomest guys i know - Me. Love the new look dude - We have the same head, but you have your dads eyes and i have my dads. Uncle Kent looks good in the picture!
    Keep up the good fight and great attitude and you will beat this.

    Love ya,
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are good looking guys... Shiny heads are in. ;) Love, Marleigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. God Bless you Blaine and Marleigh - praying everyday for you!
    Juanita and Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like seeing you without a silly face. A smile is nice. You look very dignified sir. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is Paco the Bull really Brian Stanton? If so, Hello! Marleigh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just need a little more tan on top and it will look like a 'cool guy' fashion statement. Ya know that song... I'm too sexy for my.... hair???
    Love you all,
    Liz 'n fam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Steve beat me to the punch, but I was just going to say that despite the tragedy of someone from your branch of the family - who managed to dodge the male pattern baldness gene - losing his hair anyway, I personally like bald Savage men! Love ya lots and thinking and praying for you.
    Mary - one of the Pacific Northwest Savages!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope the Pacific Northwest Savage clan is thriving! Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. They mean everything.

    Savage men may just be - too sexy for thier hair!

    ;) Marleigh

    ReplyDelete