Friday, July 3, 2009

Both Bald and Beautiful

As you all probably know, my dad is getting ready for a bone marrow transplant taking place in August. Prep work for that transplant includes a huge dose of wicked intense chemo. This dose is gonna wipe out his immune system, and most likely make him very sick. One of the things he has to look forward to is losing his hair.

Last night we were watching Hercules, and after watching Hades get his hair blown out by Pegasus this subject came up...

"Okay, guys, name some good looking bald guys."
"Michael Jordan!" pipes up Josh,
"Er," I hesitate, "Paul Pierce?"
"He's not bald."
"Right, Karl Malone."
"Ray Allen!" shouts Kyle.
"Okay, can we name some white bald guys?"
*Pause*
"That guy from CNN?"
"Which one?" asks Dad,
"You know," I reply, "the bald one..."
"Brother Halley!" says Josh
"Common, he's not bald..."
"Then Britney Spears!" retorts Josh, effectively ending the conversation because all of us are laughing too hard.

Basically, I just think my dad doesn't want to end up looking like this guy...


After doing some thorough research, however (yes, I image googled "good looking bald guys"), I found that there are indeed quite a few good looking, white bald guys...
(wait a second...does anybody else wonder why John Travolta is in this set? He isn't bald!)

Vin Diesel...classic.

My favorite baldie, however, has to be this guy:

No matter what, we'll always love dad (even if he does end up looking like Darth Vader ;) ). What does he have to lose? Just hair.

So what do you think? Have I missed anyone? Who's your favorite baldie?

:) Dani (and a little bit of Josh).

2 comments:

  1. Definitely Chow Yun Phat (spelling?) in Anna and the King, also Yule Brenner in The King and I...wait, I see a pattern here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I can tell you it is definitely NOT Britney Spears!! Good one, though, Josh! Vin Diesel....oh, yeah. Don't forget Telly Savalas (Kojak--"Who loves ya baby?") and Yule Brenner (the King of Siam in the King and I) Both good looking guys. Don't worry, Blaine. Bald is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete