Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Door #4 ????

I just spoke with Dr. Reddy (Hematology/Oncology Fellow) and the results are not all in. They are still waiting on the Bone Marrow results (which is the big one) and the X-rays. He said the MRI looked better than the last one I had in April. The Lab results continue to look good.

I'm taking 2 Chemo medications; Revlimid and Velcade. In addition to the Chemo medicine I'm also taking Dexamethasone, which is a Steroid (but not the kind that makes me look like a body builder). I also have pills for bone strength, bad stomach, nausea, sleeping, as well as vitamin supplements.

So here is the dilemma... we are not going to have all the results back by Monday. My next cycle (if we are to continue the cycles) is scheduled to begin Monday.

When I posted about my options, I thought there were 3. Apparently, Door #4 is a hybrid of Door #1 and Door #2. I am going to start my 5th cycle, but only take the Revlimid and the Steroids- not Velcade. This is good (I guess) because the Velcade requires an infusion at the hospital. The Revlimid, I take orally. Wake up in the morning, take all my pills, then get to work.

So that's where we are at right now... We'll see what happens when all the results come in.

Blaine

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there, my buddy. Pills do sound better than in infusion. Just hope you don't have to get them jammed down your throat, like my mom does mine -- yuk! Only good thing is I get a cookie afterwards -- make sure you get your cookie! Your Therapy Dog, Rocky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it sounds like things are still moving in a "positive" direction, even if it isn't exactly door #2. Stay strong and know that we keep you close in thought and prayer.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your doing better ,glad to here it.Becareful of the Dexamethasone ,I am taking it for my Herniaded disk in my back . I find it hard to sleep at night. I,ve been getting to sleep every 2 nights. Side affect of steriods.Starting 6-11-09 I start weening off of them. Just thought I would let you know what to look forward to. good luck Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Blaine for the continued updates! Your results are looking very positive! Now we pray for great outcome with the final ones! Keeping you close in heart and prayer!
    God Bless you
    Wayne and Juanita

    ReplyDelete