Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Memorial Information

John 14: 27
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.

I copied this scripture because it is what I have been feeling since Blaine was interred in Bicknell, Utah. I cannot describe the sense of peace and serenity I have with all that has happened in the last year and a half. Though it has been exceedingly difficult and he suffered much, he is at peace, at rest. Everything was done that could be, including vitamin and herb supplements, careful diet, and the medical community's level best efforts. Nothing was left untried. He was able to spend his last year in his Utah home which he loved, surrounded by his family, including extended family. Though the kids and I are very sad and miss him tremendously, the peace that surpasseth all understanding remains. It's quite a mix, and one I am grateful for. I think I will be closing this blog soon, but will wait for the final post until after his memorial with family in New England, the beloved Ascutney ward (which is very much family), and any others who wish to participate. Though we will not be there in person, we will have an audio feed so we can hear everything. Until then.

Marleigh

When: 6:00 PM Sunday, August 22
Where: Ascutney Chapel, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Who: All are welcome and appreciated
Dress: Sunday best

Directions from 91
Exit 8, towards town (right off ramp from south, left from north)
Left at light onto route 5, towards Windsor
1/4 mile on right, brick chapel set back from the road

3 comments:

  1. I will be there in spirit...
    love and prayers...always.

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi dad it you baby-youngest and favrite child. i love you so much.

    ReplyDelete