Friday, May 7, 2010

Whew!


Just wanted to send out a quick update...

The tumor on the top of my head is virtually undetectable (I hope that means gone). The tumor on my chest is still there but has reduced in size almost to the point of being undetectable. The two tumors on my face are still there, but they have also gotten significantly smaller. Seems to be a very good sign.

I had my lab work drawn on Tuesday, and my 'Myeloma Markers' are holding steady, neither increasing nor decreasing. Again, good news.

You may also notice eyebrows and there's short, stubbly hair under the hat.

So the long and short of it is that between low dose chemo, high dose chemo and radiation, things are holding steady (MM markers) and/or improving (tumors). The high dose chemo takes my energy for a few days (but it is starting to rebound), makes me neutrapenic (compromised immune system-so I need to be very careful with germs), and could take my hair (not a big deal-I've gotten used the the 'bald is beautiful' concept). I'll take it!

Apologies to Vic St. Pierre for not running this through him first, but he had a comment on the last post that hit me right where it was intended and I couldn't agree more; 'near misses' don't count . So thanks Vic!

He said..
'You better not get discouraged!! Someone, somehow we have to keep a strong outlook. Nancy and I were in NY City eating dinner 3 blocks away when they tried to set off the bomb in Times Square on Saturday. They failed and we are still here!! The moral is near misses don't count. Trust that life will prevail. God is looking out for us.Vic'

BTW- I will be in New England for a about three weeks starting May 16th! I hope to be able to take some time on the weekends and go visiting. Marleigh may come out for a portion of that as well.

Blaine

8 comments:

  1. Yay for good news!
    I would love, love, love to see you guys when you come "back east", but I realize what a "crunch" you will be under to see everyone and do everything,not to mention physical limitations, so I won't push or be hurt if you can't make it.
    BUT, we have a big house now, and room if you need it:)
    lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers and faith that Heavenly Father will be there to hold our hand(s)and see us through are the best medicine. We just have to remember that he is in charge, not us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Blaine
    Victor and you are so right - God is right there holding you in the palm of His Loving arms and He loves you very much! You are continually in our prayers for that full and speedy healing! God Bless you!
    Wayne and Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Continuous love and prayers, through the highs as well as the lows...
    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurray!!! We so happy for the great news! You and your family continue to be in our daily prayers . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss you all so much and just by reading this and seeing how your getting better ( I have faith that it will continue, I think He knows how much you are needed healthy and happy on earth) I remember all those times I spent with my Savage Beasties, and I know there are more times and new memories to come. I'm so so so glad your doing better and I love and miss you all. big big big hugs to the savage beasties!!!
    from the lil peanut, your shorty...the small one(:
    Vicky Walker(:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Blaine and Marleigh! It's inspiring to read your blog and hear how you are doing. Wonderful news that you're doing so well! We send our lots of prayers and blessings and hope to see you while you're out east.
    Warmly,
    Dave, Mer and Alanna Tenney

    ReplyDelete