Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Simple Math Equation

Here's Cancer/Chemo's version of a math problem:

Neutrapenia + High Fever = Hospital.

On Monday I had a fever spike at 102.7... I've been here at the Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) inpatient unit since then. Not sure how long I'll stay, hopefully I go home tomorrow.

It's very common when your Bone Marrow gets blasted with chemo to have fevers, nobody seems to be overly concerned. Definitely better to safe than sorry. So the hospital it is.

I'd rather be home, but I sit here and work on my laptop, have my meals brought to me, have people clean up after me. I have a great view of the Salt Lake Valley. Not a horrible deal.

Blaine

3 comments:

  1. You are in our prayers.
    John and Mary Billings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you are coming to New England, yes? is there a chance that all of us here can see you? we miss you and want to send stuff back with you if possible.
    we pray that you continue to stay strong, best thoughts, prayers, and wishes(:
    Vicky and the rest of us crazy kids(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day at a time...this too shall pass. Many thoughts and prayers. Love Scott

    ReplyDelete