Friday, April 23, 2010

Radiation


April 23, 2010
As the previous post mentioned, I have a total of four Plasma Cytomas; one on the top of my head, one on my upper lip, one on the inside of my mouth and one on my chest. The plan is to radiate the two on my face because they are without doubt the most difficult and uncomfortable (hideous is a better word). The other two will be left as a measure of the effectiveness of the Chemo. If they shrink and go away, that is good news. It means this mixture of Chemo is working.

First day of Radiation; piece of cake. It took longer to park the car than the treatment. No pain, no discomfort. Like I said- piece of cake.

I'm going to receive a total of eight radiation treatments, day one is in the books. Seven to go.

Blaine

3 comments:

  1. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! *hug*

    Anne-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a pleasure for us to fast and pray yesterday in your behalf. We know the Lord is quite mindful of you and your sweet family.

    We came across this quote, by Orson F. Whitney, which we'd like to share:
    "No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. It ministers to the development of such qualities as patience, faith, fortitude and humility. All that we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently, builds up our characters, purifies our hearts, expands our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called the children of God.”

    You are a wonderful example of how one should bear their infirmities. Thank you!

    With our love,
    Dan & Susan Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of you with the tumor on your face reminds me of When I was pregnant with Lyndsie I had one of those on my uper lip. It was huge and as you said "hideous" I went to a dermatologist and it was snipped and studied. Turned out to be benign but yours looks the same as mine did. Your in our thoughts and prayers.
    Sunday I learned of a bike -a-thon @ Dartmouth every year, it's called the "PROUTY" some friends and I are going to enter. It's to raise money for CANCER research. I thought how wonderful on the day of fasting. Love Nicki

    ReplyDelete